Help Wanted – Part-Time Police Officer(s)
The Borough of Penbrook desires to hire highly qualified part-time police officer(s) to supplement its police force currently consisting of a Police Chief, a Police Lieutenant, and 4 full-time and 3 part-time police officers. The Borough of Penbrook is located in Dauphin County Pennsylvania and borders the City of Harrisburg and Susquehanna Township. The Borough is a multi-culture community with population of about 3000 people and a variety of businesses.
Part-time Penbrook police officers are expected to work approximately 600 hours or more each year and make themselves available to work all different shifts of the day and all different days of the week as needed.
All resumes will be reviewed against established criteria, and those persons judged to be most suitable will be invited to submit a formal application. Applicant background investigations and interviews will be conducted on the selected applicants and the finalist will be forwarded to Penbrook Borough Council for consideration.
A condition of appointment will include passing a drug test and may include successfully passing a polygraph examination.
If interested, submit a resume by February 10, 2018, to:
Penbrook Police Department
150 South 28th Street
Penbrook Pa. 17103
ATTN: Part-time police employment
The Borough of Penbrook is an equal opportunity employer.
- Must be 18 years of age at the time of employment.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain by time of hire, a valid Pennsylvania State driver’s license.
- Must possess an excellent driving record.
- Must be free of any criminal convictions for any disqualifying offenses.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and be able to provide qualifying documentation for lawful employment.
- Must be able to read and write the English language
- Must be of excellent moral character and temperament.
- Must be physically, medically and psychologically fit for the duties of Police Officer.
- Must successfully complete a probationary period and field training.
- Be able to perform the essential job functions listed in this document.
2. Education and Experience:
- Must possess a High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Must possess Pa Municipal Police Officers Education and Training Commission Act 120 certification, or be able to obtain Act 120 certification by the time of hire.
- Be age 21 or older
- Possess a violation free driving record, and possess a driving record free of any accidents where the applicate is at fault based to the underlying police investigation.
- Possess no criminal convictions of any kind, including non-disqualifying offenses.
- Multi-lingual [Be fluent in other language(s) in addition to English].
2. Education and Experience:
- Have police experience in a law enforcement organization, preferably a Pennsylvania Accredited Law Enforcement organization.
- Have at least some college, a college degree, military service with an honorable discharge if applicable, or a combination of college education and military service.
Essential Job Functions of a Penbrook Police Officer
General Statement of Duties:
Under supervision, provide basic law enforcement services to the community within the mission, goals and objectives of the Penbrook Police Department and in compliance with governing federal law, state law, local law, and agency policy.
- Respond to and Conduct Initial Investigations of Various Crimes and Events.
- Protect Crime Scene and collect Evidence and Information.
- Conduct Lawful Arrests and Detentions of Persons.
- Conduct Lawful Search and Seizure.
- Provide Emergency Services and Assistance.
- Respond to and Conduct Investigation of Motor Vehicle Accidents.
- Enforce DUI and Other Commonwealth Motor Vehicle Laws.
- Operate an Emergency Vehicle.
- Execute Motor Vehicle Stops and Investigate Occupants.
- Use Lawful Physical Force and Physical Exertion to Perform Duties.
- Develop and Maintain Positive Community and Interpersonal Relations.
- Write and Read Reports and Other Work Related Documents and Materials.
- Operate a computer, or similar device, and necessary software and applications.
- Present Evidence and Testimony in Court and Hearings.
- Intervene in and Control Human Conflicts.
- Use Lawful Deadly Force if Necessary.
- Perform General Patrol Duties.
- Other Duties as assigned.